The Straits Times 15 Feb 2011
Dyslexic kids can be exempt from mother tongue
Read this article and answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1. Why is Ethan Wong exempted from mother tongue?
2. From Paragraph 1, which word has the same meaning as 'exempt'?
3. What is dyslexia?
4. In paragraph 4, 'he can be excused from it', what does 'it' refer to?
5. In paragraph 5, which word has the same meaning as 'exemption'?
6. Why is the number of dyslexic cases rising over the years?
7. How does dyslexia affect a student?