1. Christopher will take one day to paint 1/5 of a house. Mark will take 2 fewer days to paint the same house. How many days will it take both of them to paint the same house if they work together? Leave your answer as a mixed number.
2. May and Jen have some beads each. If May gives 30 beads to Jen, she will have 4 times as many beads as Jen. If she gives 150 beads to Jen, she will have 1 ½ times as many beads as Jen. Find the number of beads May has.
3. 400 people took part in a camp. 73 of them were adults and the rest were children. 2/5 of the boys and 1/4 of the girls were lower primary pupils while the rest were upper primary pupils. There were 9 more upper primary girls than upper primary boys.
a) How many upper primary pupils were there?
b) What percentage of the people who took part in the camp were girls?
4. A librarian counted the number of children in the library and found that 40% of the number of girls was equal to 2 times the number of boys. When another 12 boys entered the library and 45 girls left the library, the ratio of the number of girls to the number of boys became 5 : 2.
(a) What was the ratio of the number of girls to the number of boys at first? Give your answer in its simplest form.
(b) Find the number of girls in the library at first.
5. Josh had 25 lollipops. Michael had k lollipops less than Josh. Preston had 3k lollipops more than Michael.
(a) How many lollipops were there altogether?
Express the answer in terms of k.
(b) If k = 6, find the total number of lollipops