Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Phrases and short story by Wen Qi

Good Phrase

1.lunged - a sudden a powerful forward movement

2.inspired - someone or something makes you want to follow

3.insults - offending remarks that is verbal

4.fiery - quickly turning angry or getting angry more easily

5.hot under the collar - embarrassed or angry

6.suspended - stop for a period of time because of something



1.lunged - moved forward suddenly and powerfully

2.inspired - someone or something made you want to follow

3.insults - verbal offending remarks

4.fiery - quickly turning angry or getting angry more easily

5.hot under the collar - embarrassed or angry

6.suspended - stopped for a period of time because of something

7. community service = work done to help people who live in the same town

8.conviction - being found guilty in court

          I was a fiery boy by nature.  It was an afternoon after school and as I was on my way home, I heard a group of friends insulting me.  Hot under the collar, I lunged towards one of the tormentors and did a flying kick inspired by a Chinese Martial art movie.  It served John right to get it from me. He was bleeding in his nose and he had the cheek to run back to school to report what had happened to the discipline master.  This was when Mr K decided to suspend me for a week for my bad temper. I was also ordered me to do 40 hours of
community service.

I vowed to get back at John. How could he escape unpunished? The day would arrive for justice to be served.


9.scratching the head - thinking of something that you don't know

10.retired - stop your hob because of a certain age and wants to enjoy life

Application

          I was a fiery boy by nature.  It was an afternoon after school and as I making on my way home, I heard a group of friends insulting me.  Hot under the collar, I lunged towards one of the people and did a flying kick inspired by a Chinese Martial art movie.  The person was John and he was bleeding in his nose and was running back to school to report what had happened.  This was when the disciplinary master decided to suspend me for a week for my bad temper and was also ordered me to do 40 hours of community service.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Done By: Ng Wen Qi (28)  P6-8 12/2/11

No comments:

Post a Comment