Read this article on what the new Education Minister says about the foundation of education. Please cut out the full article In Sunday Times if you have the papers at home. We'll share our views tomorrow in class.
Answer the following questions in your complete sentences.
1. Why did 700 parents pack the hall?
2. Who Is Mr Heng Swee Keat?
3. Did the audience expect Mr Heng to be present? Which word and which 2-word phrase tell you so?
4. According to Mr Heng, what lay the foundation of everything?
5. In your own words, explain clearly why the value of resilience is important.
6. Explain why it is more and more important to be equipped with analytical skills.
7. In the last paragraph, what is next on Mr Heng's schedule?
8. What does 'education counterparts' mean?
Click here for the suggested answers.
Unscramble these words that are found in the article. Submit your answers in this form.